Alcohol Monitor - Oregon State University
Job Title: Oregon State University - Alcohol Monitor
Company: BEST Crowd Management
Location: Oregon State University
Pay: $17.20 / hr
Job Type: Part-time
Join the dedicated team at BEST Crowd Management as an Alcohol Monitor. As an Alcohol Monitor, you will play a critical role in ensuring compliance with alcohol-related policies and regulations at events. We are looking for responsible individuals with excellent communication skills and a strong commitment to maintaining a safe and controlled environment.
- Monitor and enforce alcohol-related policies and regulations at events to ensure compliance with applicable laws and event guidelines.
- Verify identification and age of individuals purchasing or consuming alcohol to prevent underage drinking.
- Perform sobriety checks and identify individuals who may be intoxicated, taking appropriate action to prevent any potential incidents.
- Monitor the overall atmosphere of the event to detect any signs of excessive alcohol consumption or unruly behavior.
- Communicate and collaborate with event staff, security personnel, and law enforcement agencies to address any alcohol-related incidents or concerns.
- Provide information and assistance to event attendees regarding responsible alcohol consumption and available resources.
- Complete accurate reports of alcohol-related incidents or actions taken during events.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and guidelines, as well as relevant alcohol-serving regulations.
- Be at least 21 years old (age requirement to comply with legal alcohol-serving regulations).
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with event attendees.
- Strong observational and problem-solving skills to identify and address potential issues related to alcohol consumption.
- Ability to remain calm and composed in high-pressure situations and handle confrontational or challenging individuals.
- Knowledge of alcohol-serving regulations and responsible drinking practices is advantageous.
- Availability to work part-time hours on a temporary basis for specific events.
- Physical fitness and stamina to perform duties and stand for extended periods.
- Must pass a background check.
- Enjoy competitive pay based on your experience and qualifications.
- Gain experience in alcohol monitoring and event management.
- Enhance your skills in communication, conflict resolution, and responsible alcohol service.
- Network with professionals from various fields, including event management and security.
- Be part of a supportive team that values safety, security, and professionalism.
Note: At BEST Crowd Management, we believe in equal opportunities for all applicants and employees.
We highly appreciate the contributions and perspectives that each individual brings to our team.